Wednesday, April 29, 2020

On Forever

In 365 days, I will be getting married. In the long list of things I have wanted to write, that sentence has got to be at the top of the list. I have spent the last 5 years doing a great job of messing things up in my life, but this is one thing that I have done right.

Tayler and I met how most of us millennial's meet our significant others, on a dating app. On our first date, she talked me into seeing a scary movie, which is not something I do on a regular basis. It turns out that A Quiet Place is actually a pretty good movie, and when I see it pop up on Hulu or Amazon Prime it always makes me smile, because it takes me back to that first date with the woman I am going to marry. Tayler and I have been on some amazing adventures together, from Caribbean cruises in the Bahamas to road trips to Kansas City, and every day is another day to spend with the person I can so clearly see my future with. We have been through ups and downs, same as with any other relationship, and over time I have seen us grow in ways that I thought was impossible for people in their late twenties. We have adopted a German Shepard puppy named Lucy, who has added to our household in a beautiful and crazy way. Even our grouchy GSD Oakley has decided that adopting Lucy was a great decision, even though it means less belly scratches for him during the day. Tayler has managed to make my family fall completely in love with her because of the things that I saw as soon as we met, which is her determination to achieve goals, compassion for others, and the way she brightens a room just by walking into it. In short, she has enriched my life in every way since the day we met, and I think standing here one year away from the big day, it was time to put down on paper what I have known in my heart for two years now.

I am beyond excited for Tayler and I to tie the knot and start our married life together. This next year is going to be crazy and will probably fly by, and I thought it was fitting to write this post now, sitting one year away from our wedding date. Here is to Tayler, the most incredible person I have ever met, and a person who has turned my life into everything I hoped it would become. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment